Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Life, Love & Laughter



Last week was one of the breaks we needed for the summer. It was a chance to get away, see family and chill on the beach. Along with that came a good deal of bittersweet emotions for me (Kelly). As much as it seems I have gotten use to living further away from my family, every time I see them I realize what I have been missing out on. I realize how much time is going to pass until I see them again and how much our lives will continue to change. While it's exciting to see how the Lord is working in each of our lives, it is always hard to let go. I suppose that is how it will always be. Changes are tough. When they initially impact, I tend to forget how they will only draw me closer to the Lord, knowing I can only rely on Him. If only we could always live with an eternal perspective, always focusing on things that will last. That has become my goal this year, though I'm still learning what it looks like. I think it comes through life, love and laughter while, all the while, remember that true contentment can only be found in the Lord.




No comments: