Saturday, April 19, 2008

Humor or Honor


We literally are coming to the end of the school year; one more full week before finals. So it was fitting that tonight was our annual Spring Banquet, the last big event to honors students.

Oh wait; the students now seem to prefer humor over honor. We truly had some good laughs with the student awards; "Most Likely to Be President of OWU, Most Likely to Survive in the Wild & (my personal favorite) Most Likely to Own a Beet Farm." That's right; you read them like they were presented. Oh and there were some serious ones too like "Best Glasses & Mr./Mrs. OWU!" I also have to mention, on another random tangent, it was ironicly entertaining that we were clapping for "The Students Most Likely to Fall Asleep in Class". We proceeded to give them a gift for their great efforts. I had to stop and think about that one. It was a night of laughs between bites of chicken and cheesecake; good fun and irony.

(I do have to make a disclaimer that the students really do get an Honor Chapel this week; this past award ceremony was put on by students.)

2 comments:

Dave & Lynnette Mason said...

Hey Kelly!!!
How are you??? Soo good to hear from you! Isn't it crazy how time flies! Looks like things are going great for you and your hubby! I'm sure you make an amazing RD!
Well a update...let's see Dave and I have been living in New Brunswick, Canada for almost two years & we will have been married for four years this August! We really love our church & ministry here & feel like God has filled our lives with blessings. Along with doing ministry with Dave, I have also started my own photography business and I'm loving it! I'm sure if you look at old posts that would update yah too:) Looking forward to hearing your update!
In His Grip,
Lynnette

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Brenton! You're the best!
Ollie and Reata