Thursday, October 23, 2008

~ Less Than Our Best ~

October 23, 2008


Dear Betty,

Have you ever completed a project to find it was done incorrectly? Today, at The Cove, I was preparing letters for the Registration volunteers. I had finally completed the project sitting on my "To Do" list for the last two days, or so I'd thought. There were too many projects to catch up with on my down week. I began to get flustered, which led to the following. As I began my final proofing of each letter, with varying details, I noticed one major flaw. All the letters began with, "Dear Betty..."

Today, Nelson, Ava, Laura and all the others on my list were "Betty", and completely unaware of their name changes. The wheels began turning in my mind. How many other times, aware of unaware, have I finished an incomplete task. A task, a ministry, a promise, what do these matter if they are not done thoroughly, lacking our best?

The Word of God instructs us to do whatever we are doing as if we were serving the Lord not man. If we truly lived our lives so that every action reflected a response to the Savior of the universe, our actions would be more than thorough. We would not want to give anything than the best to the King of Kings, our daddy who died for us.

What a pity that we, I, do not live more committed lives. And that you Jesus for Your grace that loves and accepts us always.

Sincerely -

Kelly

No comments: