Thursday, August 6, 2009

Ottawa School of Evangelism


For the last number of months, I have been working two positions at The Cove. The second position, as mentioned in a previous post, was to hope with the programmatical elements of the Schools of Evangelism (SOE). We headed to Ottawa two weeks ago for an intensive school! Unfortunately, my supervisor found that she had appendicitis the day before the SOE began and was in the hospital for surgery as the school was starting. She is still out on recovery.

The participants seemed to be oblivious the fact that we were a little out of sorts; I only heard positive words. All I can say is that BGEA is very thorough in preparations. A huge ministry to me was the BGEA Canada staff; very impressive. They were very effective in tasks, but mostly ministry driven. True servant hearts.

Between Parliament and the Fairmont


Parliament (Right across the street from the Fairmont Chateau Laurier)


We stayed at the Fairmont Chateau Laurier in Ottawa, Canada; I'm told this is where my father's parents had their wedding reception or honeymoon. I also was able to me Bev and Karlene Shea, who knew my father-in-law's parents...wonderful people as Bev recalled. I also recently discovered that my (Kelly's) father's great-grandmother knew Bev Shea, crazy connections!

Fairmont Chateau Laurier


After mornings starting around 6:30am and days ending around 9:30pm; it was interesting to arrive home right in the middle of moving! Brenton may take the prize for beating me with a hectic schedule as he was working on his masters, prep for soccer, moving out of the rental home, and closing on a home (Yes, we bought a home! I'll have to give an update on this in a few weeks...). We are tired; the soccer guys come tomorrow and the RAs have started to come in, as I will also be an RD at Montreat while continuing at The Cove. Pray for stamina and encouragement. B's had some crazy scenarios with students trying to come in and also needing housing; at this point the Lord is going to have to work. Please pray and now, as deadlines for the team are right now!!!

2 comments:

Annette Hoyt said...

MAN you guys are busy!! When do you ever find time to see each other and go on dates?! How do you keep up working so much Kel! AWESOME you are homeowners!!!! Post pics of the house!! I am excited for you! And by the way, isn't Canada great?! I love Canadians! Especially one in particular! :)

Kelly Benware said...

Glad to know you love Canadian in particular Anne! I did love Ottawa... Life isn't always this crazy but these few weeks sure are! Hope you're doing well.