Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Ebay Attempt

So I ventured out as a seller on ebay tonight. I have not a clue what I am doing and I realized how much I do not enjoy being on the internet extensively. Took care of what I needed to take care of, but there are just way too many details to work through the first time! I pushed through as I thought about how proud my ebay sister-in-law, Claudia, would be. This is for you sis!

McGregor dorm at Montreat College is throwing it's second Clothes Swap later this month. Last semester we had a glorified "clothes" yard sale and sold everything for $1 to help cushion our dorm budget. The girls were a little reserved about the idea until they saw what it was about and how cheaply they could get nice clothes. Thankfully, my wonderful Cove friends are big time GW (Goodwill) shoppers, always looking for name brands and faithfully switching out items they are able to resend to GW. I took a few Goodwill runs off their hands and we had quite the Clothes Swap in our dorm.

I started to clean out my closets this week for round two but then I thought, "Why not try selling some items to a Consignment Shop first?" Then the nicer clothing items came to mind; "Why not ebay?" All the doubts came rushing in... More work, more time, may not even get a bid... but I did it anyways!

After Brenton's response, I am not expecting a bid. I think he helped me realize it was a fun venture but I really do not know what I am doing... but in NO way did he insinuate this. He liked my store prices as I took a few items down to the cent and he found my high starting bids humorous. (His heartfelt laughter was all in good fun and made the whole night worth the time!) However, I really do wonder if I started the bids way too high, but how do you ebayers do it if you do not want to get taken? I did not spend all this time on the computer to next stand in a line at the post office for $5. The question still stands... "What am I doing?" But then, again, I guess it really does not matter since I do not plan to get any bids. Just another chance to explore and another random adventure.

3 comments:

About Brandon said...

Good job, sis! Ebay has been really helpful once I took the plunge!

Kelly Benware said...

I wish I could say the same! No one is bidding on my items... I even lowered the price.

Anonymous said...

Kel, sweet Kel....thanks for the Ebay shout-out. Wish we were closer, so that I could help you with your listings. I always feel like it's somewhat of a gamble...the pricing, that is. I hate when really nice shoes sell for $5, but I LOVE when old Levi shorts sell for $37...go figure??? I'll never figure Ebayers out, but they've sure helped cover some bills!! Call me if you have any ?'s.
We miss you. It's starting to feel spring-ish here. The grass is turning green, the trees are starting to bud...the sun is out!! We miss you and Buddy. Have a happy day. We LOVE you. Claud