Friday, January 7, 2011

How Our Sweet Riley Graced Us...


We cannot thank everyone enough for praying us through God's timing concerning the birth of our little gal. Had Riley graced us early, I really cannot imagine how different our experience would have been.  The Lord's timing in Riley's birth was so amazing. We went in early Thursday morning to be induced. While the hospital staff was preparing for the day and monitoring the baby and I, they realized my contractions were 5 minutes apart (though I felt nothing). Within the half hour my contractions came on strong and were less than 2 minutes apart. From the point I started to feel contractions, Riley was born less than 3 hours later. Praise Jesus that we had scheduled this very specific induction date and for all the prayers. If the Lord had not coordinated these specifics so intricately, I would not have made it to the hospital in time to receive the epidural. I am amazed with anyone who has given a natural birth at this point! Thank you for your prayers and thank you Jesus.

Riley Grace Benware was 9lb. and 21in., to everyone's surprise.  Her little foot prints were so big they went onto the writing space in her baby book.  Our doctor, and the two nurses were all floored with her size, as we had been assured our baby could not be 9lb. or more.  A few of the first comments in the room were, "Look at that mass of hair!" and "Those hands and feet are huge."  We have plenty of loveable pudge, which just means more to cuddle, and tons of dark baby soft hair.  Riley's little blue eyes are still taking time to open much as she is still a little swollen.  It is fun to see her changing ever so slowly, even in one day.  We love our little girl.


 

3 comments:

Chelle said...

Oh my gosh I love her! She is so precious! And that hair...wow!! :) And of course you look great too, Kel! And congrats Brenton, you're a dad!!

Charissa Seitz said...

Riley Grace is SO beautiful... just like her momma! :) SO glad that the delivery went smoothly. God's timing is beautiful and perfect, isn't it? God put you on my heart this Thursday, as I went to the post office to send you something, and now I know why. He knew that you could use a few extra prayers. :)

This is my prayer for you and Brenton as you begin this new journey of parenthood together-

Eph. 3:16-17 I pray that out of His glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith

Lynne Howard said...

How wonderful! She is beautiful. So happy for you all! And I love all the hair! Praying for continued blessings and for the next few days and weeks as you come home with her.