Monday, August 8, 2011

Monumental

"Mama."

I am a mom and loving every minute of it!  This very minute I am watching the new version of "Charlotte's Web" and Wilbur is reminding me of Bentley.  Oh how I miss my buddy!  Riley is in bed and we are watching a kids movie.  We have turned a new corner in life; it is different and perfect.

Today after nap time, Riley did her usual cry and babbled her new words, "Mama mama mama bam ba ba ma" beckoning me to come and get her from her prison.  I walked in to find her standing in her crib for the first time!  Earlier last week I was amazed and giddy to find her sitting in her crib, and in between the two monumental moments was her first word, "Mama".  And what a sweet whispering to my soul.  Knowing she favors the sound "ba" I don't think she first associated the meaning with the word, but we have been working on the meaning and who "Mama" and "Dada" are.  As of today, we have heard both.  I truly think she knows who "Mama" is, but that could be debatable.  We are working on signing that deal soon. 

Last night I had a dream that Riley was Brenton's and my baby but for whatever reason we could not have her.  How wonderful to wake up to our baby waiting for me, saying my name and ready for a poopy diaper change. 

My cup overflows.

2 comments:

Mike and Ashley said...

Love it! I'm beginning to notice the difference between little girls and little boys. While your sweet girl is beginning to say sweet little words our sweet boy is grunting away :) Oh how the Lord has created us so different! Love you and miss you Kelly!

About Brandon said...

That's awesome! You guys make me smile.

B