Thursday, May 24, 2007

Parents of Five

One of the twins...



In case you've been wondering what we're up to, here's our new surprise. We are parents of 5 kids! We had the joy of watching 5 children this past weekend while some friends of ours took a little vacation out of town. The Cones, our friends from church have two twins that just turned 5 yrs, a 7yr old, 9 yr old, and an 11 yr old. We were busier than ever with the kids. We went to the park, our campus a few times, the duck pond every day, Mazzios, Maggie Moos, the Street Party (community event), a baseball game, and anything else a kid would want to go! The boys just thought it was cool to have the college "Soccer Coach" as their babysitter. As many of you know, Brenton and I are not used to getting up at 7:00am, so we were getting pretty tired come Sunday evening.

You might think we were worn out, but this Tuesday we were invited to the twins birthday party. You better believe it, we made a special appearance to take Cinderella and Ariel cell phones. We were pretty cool. Brenton was even told by one of the twins, "I just wish you could live with me forever." While we are not living with the Cones, we are still partying on! In fact, we're having ham for dinner tonight. Give us a heads up if you want to come over.

4 comments:

About Brandon said...

You two would make the most fun babysitters ever! Can we put you on our future babysitter's list?!? :)

Kelly Benware said...

No way!!!

The Chinlund Family said...

Kel!!! I'm so glad I found your blog! You guys sound like you're doing fantastic! Do you mind if I add you as a blogger link on my blog? I'd love to be able to look in on you without having to jump to your sister and Brandon's page every time! (If so, I'll need your blog address, I don't get it by clicking your link on your sister's page!) Take care honey!

Kelly Benware said...

Katy -

It's great to hear from you! I love reading up on your blog and seeing pictures of the family. Are you loving being a mom?

I would love for you to add us to your blog. Our address is www.benwares.blogspot.com

Love you - Kel