Saturday, December 8, 2007

Christmas Parties and Gingerbread


After days of baking, I have come to the end of making Christmas treats. The students all headed out this past week and our Christmas parties are officially over. Normally, this would make me more than disappointed, but I am burnt out of baking this year.

I must say that gingerbread cookies have become one of my favorite holiday cookies. Why, I couldn't tell you since I didn't eat much gingerbread growing up. All I know is that this has been a must for me the past two years. On top of this, we made sugar cookies, chocolate chip cookies, peppermint almond bark, fudge, rice crispies, heath bars, chocolate cover pretzels, peanut-butter balls and oreo balls for a Christmas Open House (finals break for the students). The bud and I are getting ready for some good vacation time and travel next weekend. Our break is almost here!


2 comments:

About Brandon said...

Kelbel,

I love the Christmas cookies and the decorating! I sure wished you lived closer! I'd be right there with you! Your house looks awesome!

Love,
Jen

Lynne Howard said...

hey Kel- are you guys ok?! did the storm get you??