Sunday, June 8, 2008

Another Lazy Day With the Benwares...


With summer having rolled in and not being as busy, we have fully enjoyed our down time. We definitely know what the word "Rest" means: sleeping in, reading books, casual walks, movies, STARBUCK'S, STARBUCK'S, and MORE STARBUCK'S. That's right, Starbuck's in Food Pyramid. That's how Bartlesville does it; you have to go to the local grocery store if you want your daily fix.

So, Brenton and I had one of our date nights in Tulsa about a month ago. I was thrilled to use my "Barnes and Noble" gift card I had been saving. As I said earlier, I was saving up and ready to splurge for my summer pleasures. What better way than by reading a book from one of my favorite authors? I went straight to Christian fiction and picked up the only two Lori Wick books I had not yet read (I can now say not my favorite of her works). I was beyond ecstatic since I had not read a Christian fiction book for a good year, or so it seems.


We went to the register to check out, after getting after getting the "Bucks". They rang up my purchase and swiped my gift card. No good; they swiped again. Something was wrong; so they told us they would call in the card. We had already began to look a little suspicious since they had asked if I had used it before. "No", I said of course. So the manager got off the phone and proceeded to ask me who gave me the gift card. I pointed at Brenton, smiled and said, "It was him". They continued to look at us with uncertainty and said they could not honor the $25 gift card since it had not been validated. Unfortunately we did not save our receipt for "proof of purchase"; BUMMER! What else could we do but pay $50 some dollars for a purchase that should have been under $30. Moral of the story; make sure you gift cards are validated!

Even with the slight disappointment of my expensive books, I have enjoyed my lounging days in the old west. They usually start after sleeping in or just before turning in at 2 am. Why our sleeping patterns are so off; it's summer! More time to live a leisurely life.

3 comments:

About Brandon said...

Can't wait to see you guys soon!!

B

Kelly Benware said...

We can't wait to see you!

Jim & Jacquelyn said...

if brenton paid for the card with a credit card you should hop online and find your credit card statement, it would show you paid at barnes and noble and they may credit you the money...

-jim