Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Cavs


In North Carolina, we just create our own mascots.  Especially when one has never seen a real Cavalier; we're forced to create makeshift mascots for Montreat pride!  However, I will say this little gal will not be going to any games, ever again.  I tried once the first year we moved here and after a few friendly faces passed by, she had my lying on my back at one of the home games.  My only prayer was that she would not dart off into the middle of the soccer game.  What a classy coach's wife... lying on the side lines with a dog gone mad!

On a more serious note, the Cavs had two unexpected losses this past week.  Which has left this week as a chance to recuperate.  The last of the two games were away and Brenton called to tell me the boys had lost.  He added in that a number more had gotten injured, and that there were two going to the ER when they returned home.  One of the guys came back from the ER with staples in his head and another just relieved to find he was not the second player this year with a broken leg.  Thankfully none of the recent injuries have been quite as serious though it has left a handful of the Montreat men's soccer team needing time to heal and regain strength.  The hope is that the majority are ready for this Saturday's game.  The boys have amazing potential and half the season left, pray for healing and health for the next two months.

I will say, it seems that every year there is some type of obstacle; sadly I know it is a part of growing up.  On the mature side, I know it is a chance to grow and develop character.  Often I want life to just be easier, like my call to insurance today.  All I could think of, while I was on the phone, is how I wanted to be a kid again and have my mom worry about life's details.  I know I've written it many times before but stretching is not fun, though I know it is necessary.

No comments: