Sunday, August 5, 2007

God Alone

This has been a very tiring week. I believe the Lord is wanting to grow us, though again, it is not always easy. Come Saturday, I (Kelly) felt so empty that I took a good four hour nap and spent some time with the Lord. I have felt a little stagnant in this area for a little while and truly believe the Lord needed to, once again, bring me to a point of complete dependence on Him. While it's embarrassing to admit my weaknesses, I am thankful that the Lord is growing and stretching me. Most recently, the Lord encouraged me with following passage...

"She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.
she speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue."

Proverbs 31:25-26

While this passage is on becoming a wife of noble character, this passage has taken on a great deal more meaning to me. I do desire to be a wife of noble character; yet I hope this is evident in more areas than just my relationship with Brenton. At this time, I would love your support through prayers, especially that of the passage above.

Brenton and I love you guys so much!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly, you have always been an inspiration to Lynne and Jessie and I. You are the embodiment of what that passage is all about! You are a great example of quiet, gentle strength and dignity. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and what God is teaching you. Praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your kind words Anne; they meant a great deal!

Kel