Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Back to Awana's


Remember this logo; I sure didn't. If I recall; I wore an unstylish, gray collared button-up shirt with a dated "Awana's" logo fifteen years ago. I guess, in my mind, the outfit mattered little since it was about hanging out with friends. That and everyone had to wear the same shirt! I recently drifted back in thought to memories of Awana days after a call from our State Farm Agent a few weeks back. Random, I know.

Ironically, I had been telling Brenton that I want to be better at connecting with people outside of work and our christian circle. I initially thought of my parents who have always been so talented at reaching out to people of many different circumstances. Not more than a few days later, our local car insurance agent called me. (This lady has always been my favorite to visit at our State Farm office because of her genuinely sweet nature. Little did I know that she was just displaying the fruits of the spirit.) She had called to inform me that their speaker for "Mission Night" at Awana's had to back out. Her thoughts had run back to a conversation where I'd mentioned to her that Brenton has a passion for missions, so she asked if we'd be interested in presenting a lesson. Of course, I was thrilled due my recent conversation with Brenton and my love for missions. What an amazing opportunity.

So, Brenton and I have twenty minutes, a week from this Wednesday, to present a little message on missions to a group of children. Though that should not be understated, since Brenton and I are a little skeptical of how well we will contain the excitement of 100 K - 5th graders. This will be no less than exciting; you can count on that! We'd love your prayers.

2 comments:

Lynne Howard said...

hey, let us know how it goes! I love Awanas! :)

Kelly Benware said...

QUICK UPDATE

Everything went well; thanks for caring. It was fun to be able to minister outside of the norm!