Monday, February 11, 2008

Feliz Dia del Amor

Love from a different perspective. Viewing Valentines from a biblical and multi-cultural perspective seemed only fitting. I've definitely had my Spanish days lately, simply meaning I miss the culture. Seeing that Spanish is one of the love languages and how it so beautifully rolls off the tongue, I thought what fun you would all have trying to follow a few well knowing verses. (Try reading the verses out loud if you're feeling brave enough. I'm sure you'll get a good kick out of it!)


"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices in the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

I Corinthians 13:4-7


"El amor es paciente, es bondadoso. El amor no es envidioso ni jactancioso ni orgulloso. No se comporta con rudeza, no es egoista, no se enoja facilmente, no guarda renor. El amor no se deleita en la maldad sino que se regocija con la verdad. Todo lo disculpa, todo lo cree, todo lo espera, todo lo soporta."

I Corintios 13:4-7

3 comments:

Maria Purviance said...

i think i need to go back to costa rica to freshen up my spanish. :)

Kelly Benware said...

Me too!

Lynne Howard said...

Kell-
las fotos son tan bonitos! Tambien, me gusta el versiculo sobre el amor- en la idioma mas bonita! :) tengo una Biblia Bilingue, que leo cada dia en español y ingles- es muy interesante. me ayuda mucho con el español. espero que estes bien, y que Dios te Bendiga!