Monday, March 10, 2008

Rumbles in the Sky

The best solution I have ever given to thunderstorms was the one my mother told me years ago. It's true that I'm still young, but believe me when I say I was little tyke. And this little girl thought thunderstorms were monsters looming around. When the rain started to pour, my mom had to provide a a quick and witty answer for her freckle faced daughter that was terrified of storms. I embraced her story that thunder was a result of God's angels rearranging the furniture in heaven; who wouldn't? (That was a rhetorical remark; please don't respond and ruin this childish memory!) I had the best mom (and still do); I remember always feeling safer when the rumbles pounded through trickles of water.

We'll, I honestly thought our little Lexi would be afraid of her first thunderstorm. Brenton and I were amazed this last week when the thunder crashed outside and Lexi barely budged from her lazy sleep. Our baby girl is growing up and can't pass up a chance to sleep on anything cozy.

1 comment:

About Brandon said...

Lexy wasn't afraid, but was her mom? Just kidding! Miss you tons, Sis!
Jen