Saturday, August 30, 2008

BGEA Picnic


Almost two weeks ago, I (Kelly) was able to attend the "Staff and Family Picnic" for the many branches of Billy Graham's ministries. Brenton was busy so my friend, Heather, from The Cove went with me. We figured we would have a girls' night since the guys had other plans. It was such a peaceful evening with the crowds of people.

Prior to the picnic, Heather and I toured around the animal cages nearby and died laughing at the bears' antics to get food. It was like being around a ton of adolescents; tongues out, feet up, belly rubs, and animals running around the enclosed area. All except for the lone bear in the back exhibit who must have gotten in trouble.

At dinner Franklin Graham addressed the staff stating that his father was going to attend, though with age they asked that we respect his presence. Billy Graham spoke briefly mentioning that his eye-sight was failing and that he would be turning ninety this next month. It was a honor to be in his presence; a man of great respect.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a few words about our new friends at The Cove. At the end of last week, I walked into my cubicle to find a small gift bag filled with cards. I was delightfully suprised to see all the women round the corners into my cubicle minutes later. They decided to throw Brenton and I a gift card welcoming in place of a house warming party. Later I found out sweet Heather was the mastermind of the operation. Though thanks to all my supervisors and co-workers who were ever so sweet to offer the myriad of gift cards. Brenton and I are set up for next year!




5 comments:

Maria Purviance said...

those bear pics are funny. sounds like you guys are loving nc. i am down it HOT texas. : ) oh well.

momof4dragons said...

Sounds like you've made lots of sweet friends already....big shocker. (ha ha ha) The bears are cute, and made the kids laugh, too. And, as Maria stated above, it's still VERY HOT in TX. Looking forward to the fall!! The kids' are already starting to ask about the pumpkin patch and State Fair--neither of which I can even think on until the temperatures are in the low 80's. (That'll be a LONG time from now at this rate) Love you guys.

Zachary Hall said...

Hey Brenton and Kelley - I tried to call Brenton today, but it appears his cell number and email are both out of order and Montreat hasn't updated the soccer webpage so Mr. Benware apparently isn't the head coach after all. Congrats on your move and welcome to the east coast! Sounds like a fantastic place you've found. You're in for a treat when the leaves start changing colors. Anyway, I'll refrain from rambling more here, but drop me an email sometime or give me a call 907-227-2699.

heatherwaldorf said...

I love your blog!! Such a fun day! Looking foward to many more times hanging out!
love,
H

Juggler said...

Such cute pictures - we're so glad to hear that you're doing well and have found a church home. Have fun - and keep us posted!!!

~jj