Friday, September 5, 2008

Painting With the Pups


Our own little grapevine

Last week I ventured into the world of paint and puppy sitting. Brenton headed out with the Montreat soccer team for five days and I thought I'd have fun with some friends. Come to find out they were all busy too, and instead, I inherited another pup for about three days.

Roxy is a black lab and border collie mix not more than three months old. Our friends Heather and Wes just adopted their little runt of the litter. She was a cutie but scared as could be with our over-zealous nine month old lab. It took a good day before the two could be out together. So, in the mix of painting, I was switching pups out of kennels for potty breaks and meal time.

Poor ole Lexi wanted to be good and close, so she'd lay right by me against fresh walls of paint. For the following week, we had a chocolate dalmation dog with blue spots. Roxy learned to hold her own and, from what I've been told, she is now crate trained.

Aside from the busy weekend for both Brenton and I, we were thrilled to have some time together before another work week. Sadly our luck ran out pretty quick. Brenton found out Monday was not a holiday and the same night he returned, we locked ourselves out of our house. We were thankful for our spare, but quickly learned that it was no good. So, we called around for locksmiths to find one available.

After an hour of him trying to get us in, we were wore tired to realize he'd jammed our side door. The next day he came back and attempted to charge us, asking if someone had tried to break in. He said that he was in no way responsible. He realized that we were not buying it, frustrated from the Pennzoil scam, and that he was loosing our future business. So he fixed our door for free and gave us a ton of business cards. The locksmith left telling us, "The Lord bless you folk."

The next day, I found myself locked out again. This time with a dog, no leash, and Brenton at soccer practice. I was blessed to sit outside for two hours! So I chose the back of the house cause I've heard our neighbors like to watch us. All to say, we are now checking for the house key everytime we walk out the door.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly, you have such good decorating skills! Your house is beautiful! I LOVE your couches! Where did you get them? Hope everything is going well for you and Brenton and Lexi!!

Kelly Benware said...

All is well; thanks for the encouragement. We got our couches from Matthis Brothers right before we moved to OK. They're pretty comfy!

Kelly Benware said...

I just can't keep up with myself. I meant to say NC, not OK.

Anonymous said...

LOL its ok. Thanks - I am going to look into it if Tyler and I ever get our own house! We already have couches, but I love yours! I am going to steal your decorating ideas~! :)