Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sweets for the Spunky

As always, this is a little late in coming. My immediate supervisor's mother has made it to The Cove for a few week long visits. I'll tell ya, I never knew a spunkier 90 year old lady. Bea has been a joy to work with. She comes in for six to eight hour days and is on her feet all day long. The other employees and myself get tired from watching all her movement!


I believe the first week I met Bea was in Candy's attempts to keep Bea's surprise party a secret. Our task was to pile on the projects so Bea had no time to get suspicious. We did our job; Bea has now been back the last two week for another number of days to volunteer.

While we did not attend the big shabang, Bea's actual 90th birthday was two Wednesday's ago. I baked a cake and the staff at The Cove's admininistration building celebrated Bea's birthday with her.


Happy Birthday Bea!

2 comments:

momof4dragons said...

Bea sounds a lot like mom....always movin'. Maybe when we're 90 we'll be handing out smiley face stickers at Wal-Mart. Wouldn't that be fun? You're so sweet to bake her a cake, and send me a Thanksgiving card....you're turning into a spunky 90 year old, Kel.

Kelly Benware said...

Awesome; I'm a spunky 90 yr old! Love you Claud!