Saturday, November 15, 2008

Time to Kick Off Those Shoes...



After this seminar season in another week, that is exactly what I (Kelly) intend to do. First, B was busy with soccer season and now I rarely get home before 6:30pm with the seminars. Plenty of ten to twelve hour days with a half hour break. Oh, where does the time go?! Please do tell if you have the answer.

The bits and pieces I've been able to glean from the gifted Cove speakers has been a blessing, but a break will be nice. On the late nights when I'm monitoring break out groups, I take a short while to slip into the back of the auditorium to hear Skip Heitzig, Steve Brown (wrote The Scandalous Gospel) or listen to Anne Graham Lotz (Anne was from the monitor, too tired to stay). Then I'll get up early, for me, to start another long day which usual begins in a cubical proofing or pulling materials out of archives for a notebook.

I have definitely learned a good deal and know that I may never have another opportunity to be around such influencial people. It is a gift in many regards.

Though in my stressed moments, I found I needed an outlet. That usually is outpoured into the blog, but last weekend it was beginning to slowly decorate for Christmas. I figured if my sister-in-law, Claudia, already had her tree up, I could put a few things out! Love you Claud.


4 comments:

About Brandon said...

Looks cute, Kel!

momof4dragons said...

Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Thanksgiving! Glad I could inspire you to put your stuff up. I helped mom and dad get their stuff up yesterday. TX is all ready for you to come zooming into town!! Sorry you're having to work so much, Kel. Get BDB to do some of the work for you. hee hee hee.

Juggler said...

Hey you - looks lovely, as usual. I'm waiting until my folks get here this week for Thanksgiving - they're bringing all the Christmas stuff with them from Arizona. Our first year as a married couple with a Christmas tree! Wahoo!

I have no idea why we work so hard. It's great that you're keeping your perspective and also valuing the people you're getting to see. It's a gift... and really hard at the same time! We love and miss you guys!

Jim & Jacquelyn said...

It's never too early for you to start decorating for Christmas Kel. I remember in college the Christmas songs started coming out in October :) Love ya.