Monday, March 16, 2009

In Came the Clouds

Brenton was greeted back from Hawaii with the Montreat Cavaliers' big soccer recruiting weekend and Kelly to volunteer training at The Cove, with about thirty seasoned adults. My (Kelly's) next day was a morning come too quick, though Brenton's whole weekend was packed. Thankfully, the sun followed us home not more than a few days later. The Saturday of try-outs was absolutely magnificent! Perfect for some early morning soccer in the Carolina mountains for the twenty recruits who showed to try out. I watched the boys from the sideline and conversed with a go-getter father out to support his son who was looking into Montreat.

That evening we had a few of the players over and two recruits for dinner. The two recruits had flown in from England and claimed they'd never seen a day as sunny and warm (mid-70's) as it had been the day of try-outs. Their bright pink sunburned faces rested my doubts about whether or not that could be truth. Thankful I was not in England cause I love the sun, my upper hand was quickly put into place.

In came the clouds and with them came colds. The clouds and rain made themselves plenty comfortable here in the mountains. They settled in low for the weekend, as the mountain tops peeked through. It was a glorious sight, for gloomy days. The not so glorious sight was Brenton and I over the weekend. After the full recruiting weekend, Bd was running low on sleep. The lack of sleep caught up to him and turned into a cold that I caught a few days later. Between the cooler days and stuffy noses, we're ready for the sun coming tomorrow.

1 comment:

momof4dragons said...

Wish you were here today. It was nearly 80. The kids ran and played outside in their shorts, tshirts, and "pink cheeks." I'm usually still enjoying the cooler weather, but this year I'm SOOO ready for spring. Hope you all start feeling better!