Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sleep, Where Art Thou?

As the two of us love our evenings, it is common knowledge that we do not so often prefer early mornings. While a little tired but grateful, I (Kelly) was offered a few extra hours at work. This was a blessing in disguise as I had given up the search and decided to just be stretched as we learn to be more content in life. I am still learning that less is more; contentment comes only from the Savior. And my Savior is always faithful to provide and even bless us beyond our subsistent needs.

This lesson has come in a new light, as I feel for the first time I am learning what true contentment is. And with less, I truly have more. Rewinding a week in time, I was called into my supervisor's office about a week ago. As I'd mentioned I just assumed the Lord wanted me to be content growing in Him, and instead He had a special suprise in store. He provided extra hours after I stopped and waited on Him, then provided more hours than were expected the very next week. He provided just enough, as He promises to meet our needs and not our wants. Yet in doing so, He has a way of providing for the basics while adding on the extra blessings, just at the right time.

The last two days I spent at the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association headquarters training for the extra hours. Full days and quizzes to boot, I am now glad I am no longer in school. My nerves got the best of me and left me fluster for the first two tests! With only four of us in training, I didn't want to be the one without access to this computer progam because I couldn't pass my quiz. My goodness, no! Don't worry, it all ended fabulously as we were told Kay Arthur was speaking for our graduation ceremony. Our certificates were actually presented shortly after Kay preached on the 2nd Coming for our devos. I did mean to say preach not teach, she's got the power...thinking of the old Jock Jam song for those who remember. Her devotional was full of goodness and I had the pleasure of literally sitting right in front of her for a good portion of the time, as she wandered through the crowd and stopped just short of me. What a treat, huh babe?! ;)

No longer do I need more; having our needs met is almost more blessing than I can take. I feel overwhelmed that I can better see His faithfulness, overwhelmed that I have grown so much closer to Him, overwhelmed that Light is being shed, overwhelmed by the reminder of His promises, overwhelmed that He is so wonderful and holy, and overwhelmed that THIS is MORE...knowing my Lord.

2 comments:

momof4dragons said...

Isn't our God good...faithful...amazing...shall I go on?? We're so excited to hear of how He's provided for you. Baylor and Hudson were so excited to get their gift in the mail. Baylor's bear (no pun intended) is wrapped tightly in her precious, sleeping arms. Hudson opened the card, the money came sliding out. It was as if he didn't even notice. He wanted to read what the card said. BDB...you'll get a kick out of this. He made all of us be quiet so that he could read what you wrote. He wanted to let us know that Uncle Brenton had used his very favorite word in his letter and he wanted us to know how excited he was about that. R U stumped? The word of the day, boys and girls, is RADICAL! Thanks for always being so sweet.
Miss you both!

Kelly Benware said...

Radical, radical, radical...glad to hear they are still precious!