Saturday, March 28, 2009

Pancake Explosion


What started out our average Saturday morning brunch turned south pretty quick when Brenton gave me reigns to the skillet! As a whole, I (Kelly) do the cooking or baking for meals, but when it comes to breakfast food, Brenton is the chef. He has his own designated skillet that he brought into our marriage and has the art down pat.

Well, today, I decided to make breakfast. The eggs turned out just splendid and the pancakes were going well 'til I realized I didn't know how much mix to pour for a pancake. It didn't seem like I poured much, but the pancakes kept growing. And once you have one big pancake, you have to make another the same size. Especially if there are only two of you!

So I humbled myself and called Brenton into the kitchen. I told him I needed him to flip the pancakes, but kept secret how HUGE they were. Brenton smiled and said he'd help. Then he rounded the kitchen corner and got two marble-sized eyes. While he didn't leave me helpless, he did say there was not much hope. So the picture you see, is of the pancake explosion. Below I have distinguished the aftermath of my pancakes and Brenton's pancake. Now you know who the true chef is! I'm just glad our French chef from The Cove, Jean Claude, is not here to see my mess...

Help please come my way...


The true chef at work...

5 comments:

About Brandon said...

We're coming over...but for Brenton's pancakes only! : )

momof4dragons said...

I'm not sure if the pancakes, or Lexi "humping" you in the car is funnier...nonetheless, both have made me giggle. Thanks, I needed that!

Kelly Benware said...

I know, I know, the pancakes were sad!

Charissa Seitz said...

Hey Kel!
Don't feel bad about your little pancake explosion. When I first started cooking, my pancakes looked EXACTLY like the "broken" ones in your picture. Luckily my pancake-making-skillz have improved significantly.. Hope you are doing great friend!

Anne Hoyt said...

I STILL can't make pancakes! I had a girlfriend over for dinner a couple weeks ago and decided to make Rachel Ray's "special" oatmeal raisin cookie pancakes...if I was trying to impress her, making pancakes was not the way! Mine were always too big, burnt on the outside, and gooey on the inside, and looked similar to yours!!! ha ha, so don't feel bad! :) Nice updates though, Kelly!