Sunday, April 5, 2009

Reasons Today Was the Best Birthday...


* Balloons all over the living room (Didn't realize how much I absolutely love them!)
* More greetings than I can count on Facebook
* All the wonderful calls and letters from family
* Creative gifts and my thoughtful husband
* Sunshine and Spring
* The weekend


...And then it happened, while talking to my sister-in-law, Genevieve. Brenton and I were out on our green lawn, playing a little Bocce Ball, when Lexi was all of a sudden in the way. Brenton says she never moved; I say she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Either I have terrible throwing skills or our poor dog is just plain ignorant.

Unfortunately, if I'm being honest, I should admit the sad happening was due to my limp arm and a distracted female on the phone...never a good thing. Before I knew it, a heavy red ball was slamming our little lab in the head. Sorry, Gen, if you heard me yelling Lexi's name! The Bocce Ball game fizzled out of excitement pretty quick. Lexi was still running around as much as ever, though avoiding me at all costs.

Brenton decided to attribute our early evening Walmart run to get Lexi a helmet, or so he told my brother. I'm just praying I don't wake up with a dog that never does...please, no brain damage due to my stupidity!

No comments: