Thursday, May 28, 2009

Drip, Drop, Drip, Drop...& Then the Torrential Down Pour Came


Just another walk... or so I thought. I've been trying to walk more consistently and thought I could beat the rain earlier this week. Brenton had gone ahead of me for a run and caught back up, to walk with me. I begged him to walk up the hill he'd just come down, thinking the clouds were far enough away. North Carolina's weather is just too unpredictable to play with, I now know. Just as we got a ways up the hill, sprinkles started to drop. Drip, drop, drip, drop... the light rain was nice. All until... 15 seconds later the down pour had taken over and another 15 seconds later and my shoes were LITERALLY mush. We walked about 15 minutes in heavy rain. I tried to look down for a minute, with streams running down my face, and then gave up. I fully resigned when a co-worker drove by and offered us a ride home. I just lifted my hands and said, "No need". It was too late for a rescue. The last ten minutes were in pouring rain, no doubt, but no comparison to the torrential down pour. The heavy showers felt like a light sprinkle and refreshing to boot!

Brenton had to give me a hard time that the only dry part of me was my rear, since the rain was pounding our faces the entire walk. Hence the lovely picture of my saggy pant and dry rear...


1 comment:

Chelle said...

umm this made my day ;)