Sunday, November 22, 2009

So This Is Christmas...

I would make a slight argument that it is "that time of year"! Christmas music in on a number of stations in the Great Smokeys... and by the way, on my way to work this past Friday, I was listening to a Christmas classic when I saw Christmas right infront of me! There was a huge truck loaded down with Christmas trees. Can it get any better? Let me answer that for you; "NO"!!!

Brenton and I had our first free day in weeks this past Saturday. We slept in, had a free meal in the cafeteria, went to Biltmore, and got our Christmas tree. Biltmore has all its Christmas decor up and the most massive lit tree I have ever seen. Brenton and I did a speedy tour of the inside, bypassing all the guests with headphones.




















I can almost guarantee we were the first to get our tree from the tree lot on Tunnel Road this season. The poor family camping out while selling trees; they were bundled up as Asheville's temperatures have been dropping. We decided to make a "classy" tree this year, to match our main floor decor. Got my tree topper idea from some artificial flowers I had sitting around and from my in-laws (mother and sisters) tree toppers.























After hopping back in the car from a movie that was sold out; we decided to stop by Duncan Doughnuts which just happened to be closing... SCORE!!! We asked for a few doughnuts and walked out with a dozen and a half, plus a bag of doughnut holes for $2.69. My advise; go to your neighboring doughnut shop right before closing. You might find that they're extra generous at night. Brenton, just about, took a bite of every doughnut before our next stop.