Sunday, September 4, 2011

Does Your Cup Overflow?

I must say that over the last month, I have found true contentment.  I know it is ultimately found in Christ alone, but in our modern, technologically advance society where everyone has all they need and more, I have really learned what this means.  Used to being in a larger city, probably from growing up just outside of San Diego, I don't know that I really believed I could be so pleased in small town USA. 

Sure, Dr. Quinn, Little House On the Prairie and Christy are among every girls dream.  A chance to go back in time and wear a long, flowy dress is what we dream of and giggle about late at night, even after mom has been in the room to tell us to go back to bed for the third time already.  But when you grow up and find yourself in a small town with Walmart and a few fast food joints, the thrill flies out the window!

As we have learned how to better budget and cut areas of spending to help us until we can sell our home, we have learned how blessed we are.  We have all our needs met and so much more, even now.  I go to bed at night in love with my husband and child, now thanking the Lord for giving them to me for however long He choses.  Each minute is a blessing.  I have never been more content to live in a clean place.  We have beds, food, a car (we are now sharing one as our Exploder was donated to the "Make a Wish Foundation"... was in need of a new transmission), and the Lord keeps providing in amazing ways.

Don't get me wrong, life is not easy or perfect.  Often when He has provided a safety net in our planning, we find a few months later that it is taken from us.  He keeps providing and then placing us perfectly according to His plan, so that He has us dependent on Him.  And what else is better than being in God's hands, knowing He will provide and just waiting to see how His hand will move.  Faith.  He is leading the blind, who do not see the big plan.  And, I have finally felt true contentment amidst the unknown.  I know He will always meet our needs.  How can I not trust Him when I have seen His faithfulness over and over?  Will I forget His faithfulness the minute I do not see the solution to the problem?

Have you found true contentment and peace?  Are you thankful for what you have and where God has placed you?  I know that I will find myself challenged many times in life, and that each time I will have to revisit where I will place my faith.  I only pray that Christ will give me the strength to always trust. There is nothing as peaceful as living assured that He is God and He is faithful. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is "Wow!"
Love you,
Mom