Monday, November 19, 2007

An Ocean in OK






So we found out this weekend that there is a mini ocean in OK. About 35 minutes or so from campus, is Lake Oolagah. That's right, you read correct, Lake Oolagah. That was my first impression as well when Brenton told me the name of the lake. I could not remember what sounds to make to pronounce it correctly. However, regardless of my making fun of the name, I must say I was impressed.

We visited a number of locations and were stunned with the view at each one, minus the RV park. At the RV park, we had to move our car because the deer hunters were coming in and we were in their parking spots. First off, there was no one else around and there were a number of places to park. Alongside that, we were trying to figure out where the deer were that they'd be hunting. I surely hope the deer hunters had a closer start to their destination. I'm sure they had a lovely day of hunting deer at the bottom of Lake Oolagah!

Don't worry, we didn't let the deer hunting distraction get in our way. We continued on with our good friends, the Veale's. I'll have to say that the last stop was the most beautiful of them all. It was well worth the many detours.

No comments: