Friday, November 30, 2007

It's That Time of Year Again!



It's that time of year again... While it looks like we were putting our Christmas decorations up the same time as everyone else, I must say I joined the Christmas spirit, full energy, some time ago! I beat my family to listening to Christmas music, sorry Jen. Sadly, I faithfully bombarded Walmart and Lowe's with phonecalls of when they'd receive Christmas trees as well.

While this is a bit embarrassing, I need to share this little narrative. It began with Brenton and I sitting in our tiny apartment one evening, just as any other. Once again, Brenton encouraged me to call Lowe's, knowing how anxious I was for our tree! Little did my sweet husband know what he was in for! I did as Brenton mentioned and called Lowe's a few second's later.

"I was calling to see if you had Christmas trees?"

"Yes ma'am we do." (To my surprise!)

"Are they real trees." (A moment of silence)

"Yes ma'am they are."

"That's fantastic." (With great enthusiasm)

I hung up the phone feeling like Buddy the Elf had taken over me for a few moments. Within the hour, we were walking into Lowe's. I told Brenton to not act excited, so that we didn't give away the fact that I was the over zealous Christmas lady. However, you must agree that we picked out the best tree of the bunch!





STARBUCKS!!!

4 comments:

Maria Purviance said...

you're funny. i have a red couch too.

Kelly Benware said...

I love our red couches!

Anonymous said...

i love your red couches too...for two reasons. 1.)i like red and 2.)i can appreciate the fact that it wasn't as easy as we thought it was going to be unloading them! :o) i also love the fact that there is a starbucks cup sitting on the table. miss you both more than you know!

Anonymous said...

The pictures are BEAUTIFUL, but the apt.was even prettier in person. Thanks for opening up your home to us for our pit-stop on the way home. Can't wait to see you all in a couple of weeks. Claudia