Monday, November 5, 2007

Does Life Just Pass By?

How does blogging time pass so fast? It seems that I return to our blog a day later when in reality I often find a good week has passed. And so life passes by. The last two and a half years as a Resident Director (RD) have been good. Yet I notice myself, like anyone, getting so caught up in the every day flow that I barely notice change in my personal life. There have been a number of moments lately that have caused me to reflect and ponder on the many lessons, words, and memories that have shaped the last few years.

While I have lived life as an RD, life has done more than move on. By this I mean, I have done a great deal more than simply being an RD. I have gained solid life experience, Brenton and I were married, friends have come and gone, student leaders have been developed and stepped forward, and Christ has humbled me a good deal (and is still doing so). Taking the time to reflect on all these things has opened my eyes to the fact that life is a number of moments and lessons building on each other. Rather than just moving on, we are moving forward and growing up in Christ. More than simply earning the title of Resident Director, Christ has been developing my character. It is amazing to see how I can overlook all that Christ is doing in me and through me. However, it is now obvious how it is easy for myself and many other to get discouraged so quickly. Just take your eyes of the mark for a short time and all to soon you have lost your purpose.

3 comments:

Maria Purviance said...

you have family in kansas city? i live in kansas city :)

Kelly Benware said...

My sister and her husband drove all the way from SD down, on their way up to their new home in MI. They went way out of their way. Sorry to not catch up with you again!

Kel

momof4dragons said...

Hello koo-koo kids. We are SOOOO excited to see you in 10 days. Yes, we have the countdown going. Hudson reminds us each morning how many days until Kansas. We miss you both and hope you're doing well. Can't wait to hug you and catch up on life. Claudia