Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving on the Farm



While I have spent Thanksgiving on the farm many years (for those of you who don't know my grandparents have a farm in NC), this Thanksgiving we were at a new farm (at least for me, Kelly). We visited Brenton's mother's side of the family in Colony, KS where his grandparents live. It's a quaint, small town where the Bunnels' have very fond memories. Brenton took me into the little coke shop downtown. His childhood hang out smelt of grease; something was sizzlin' away. Sadly, I hear it's not quite the same; not the same products, atmosphere, no movies or fountain drinks any longer, all except the lady who sold us our canned sodas for our ride home. The reality is we've simply grown up now and life changes. All I know is that we had a ton of fun. Brenton enjoyed reminiscing with his family, while we also enjoyed making new memories.

We spent most our time at the local high school playing cards, with the kids or chatting away the hours. Oh, and how did I miss the most important part. We ATE and ATE and ATE! My stomach came away satisfied.

The pictures are from the short get away we took to the Bunnels' farm where they keep their sheep and Belgian horses; might I say, beautiful horses.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you had such a great Thanksgiving with Brenton's family. His grandfather sounds precious. You are blessed to have such wonderful in-laws.
Love you guys,
Mom

Kelly Benware said...

Why thanks mother! Love you.

Anonymous said...

Well written article.