Monday, May 26, 2008

Afternoon at the Zoo


Our good friend JJ Veale invited me to go to the zoo with her and her girls, Mia and Maggie. I had gotten pretty discouraged Monday morning when I woke up and realized my phone had not registered my messages. I thought I had missed the girls' afternoon out at the world famous Tulsa Zoo. Before I continue, it needs to be noted that I have been getting giddy over a number of things lately. One of which, was getting such a great adrenaline rush playing hide-and-seek with the pup that I literaly screamed when she came prancing around the corner. Another was the invitation JJ extended for me to go to the zoo and the thought of missing out was too much!


Thankfully, the messages registered in time and we loaded up last Monday afternoon. We drove to Tulsa with the two little ones and had a blast. This was my first time to push a stroller all around a zoo, that is until Mia told me I was pushing her stroller and that she wanted to push. I also had the strange experience of a zoo worker stopping his ride to tell me I was getting sunburnt. Funny thing was, I had been fully aware. My sunburn had been from a Sunday spent outdoors and so I lathered up with sunscreen. I tried to tell the worker I was good and greased, though he still had a tough time leaving with me staying out in the sun. Hopefully he has long gone forgotten by now!

No comments: