Sunday, May 11, 2008

Beads A Bouncin'

An adventure worth sharing... Brenton and I went to celebrate a birthday lunch for one of our fellow Student Development workers this past week. We chatted away in Eggbert's entry way as we waited for the rest of the staff to arrive. During our lively conversations, I started to fiddle with my turquoise beaded necklace that I purchased from a Dollar Jewelry Gallery in Branson. Now I knew my necklace was "affordable", as some would say, but I had not realized how inexpensively it was put together. I barely pulled down on the beads and the wire popped. Beads went bouncing all over the tile entrance of Eggbert's. Our co-workers dispersed in all different directions trying to recover the bouncing beads. Some were trying to save them to recover the necklace and others were just trying to clear the floor. I could do nothing but stand in awe. As I continued to observe, Brenton and one of the other guys started to bounce a bead. It was an entertaining game as we waited. Then turquoise bead took on a mind of its own, jumped over the divider and onto the table of a couple trying to enjoying their lunch. We were all stunned for a second before the chuckles started. Before the couple had a chance to say anything, we rushed off to our table in the other room.

I had assumed that was the end of the turquoise necklace until our waitress brought the lone bead from the earlier rendevous. She mentioned that it had somehow made its way onto the plate of one of their customers. The guys all looked at her innocently and said, "Really" as if they had no clue. Their innocent looks were enough to give us all another good laugh.

No comments: