Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Our Buddy Jaylon

So, I have found being an Aunt is a joy! We were so blessed to be able to spend a day with Jen, B and Jaylon in Kansas City. Not only was the company good, but the plaza was gorgeous. Name brand stores and restaurants lined the canal. We were living high class with our Cheesecake Factory and Starbucks.

Amazingly, I held back the tears for a day. I believe it was Tuesday afternoon that I cried realizing how little we see family. As I have said before, I know part of growing up is having a life separate from one's family. However, it's sad to think that the people I spent all of growing up with, miss out on so much of every day life. And vice versa considering how much I miss out on their lives. It's amazing how much Jaylon has grown and smiles. He is a little bundle of blessings that I miss dearly, along with our wonderful eight neices and nephews on Brenton's side. (We have a picture of all Brenton's neices and nephews on an older blog if you have the inspiration to do some research!)

We love you Jen and B!


Brenton and I had a kid! J/K


Snoozin' in Barnes and Noble after a hearty cry


Sisters and a Nephew


The MEN

4 comments:

About Brandon said...

We had so much fun with you guys! Thanks for driving up to see us. Already can't wait to see you again.

Love,

Brandon, Jen, & Jaylon

B said...

I could hug and hold Jaylon for life. okay... maybe just until he fills his diaper, but close enough

Kelly Benware said...

You always have been a funny one...you goof bro! You're right though, he is a cuddly little guy (when he's not full of energy).

Unknown said...

I totally hear you on the sadness of not seeing those close family members very much anymore...as well as the weirdly-named stuff in the south. Nate and I moved to Texas this summer and have had some tough adjustments (like learning how to pronounce things...and I'm not talking about "y'all"...), and being so far from my family has been the hardest for me. What a change to now call seeing each other twice a year "often." I will say, though, that the distance has helped the two of us become one in ways I think might not have happened if we'd stayed close to everyone. Thanks for your thoughts!